BE A VOLUNTEER
VOLUNTEERS ARE LOVE IN MOTION
Thank you for showing interest in becoming a volunteer with the Humane Society of Johnson County. The work we do for our animal friends would not be possible without the help of our volunteers. We are very proud of the organization and the direction we are headed. This year is going to be very exciting and we hope to find supportive volunteers who are willing to grow with us.
GET INVOLVED- FILL OUT AN APPLICATION TODAY!
HSJC Daily Volunteers: All of our volunteer opportunities at the Humane Society are scheduled ahead of time on an “AS NEEDED” basis. Some of these positions include, Cat Care, Cleanup and Office Assistance. In the event that one of these positions becomes available, all volunteers will be notified via email and/or via social media.
REQUIREMENTS: All volunteers must be at least 16 years old, have a reliable means of transportation, and be able to work independently. We are a growing organization with a small staff and are limited to the amount of time it takes to train and supervise new volunteers on a daily basis. Because of this, cat care and cleaning volunteers must be able to commit to a set schedule. Morning cat care shifts begin at 8AM.
PLEASE NOTE: The office is closed on Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays and limited volunteers are needed for those times.
- Adoption Event Volunteer: Help staff and foster parents by walking dogs and helping provide customer service to potential adopters.
- Cat Socialization: All volunteers are welcome to come into the shelter during open hours to spend quality time with our feline friends.
- Community Cat Volunteer: Assist with setting and monitoring traps throughout the community to help capture feral cats and kittens so they can be spayed or neutered. Once the cats are fixed they are returned back to their natural habitat where they are taken care of by caretakers.
- Event & Fundraising Volunteer: Assist with organizing and working events and fundraisers.
- Foster Family Volunteer: Provide temporary care for shelter animals and prepare them for adoption into a permanent home. Please visit our FOSTER PAGE for more information.
- Pet Food Pantry Volunteer: Help distribute pet food to the community during our Pet Food Pantry. The pantry is scheduled for the first Monday of every month from 11AM to 2PM at HSJC.
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.